I acknowledge that any payments not honored by my bank will render me liable for any costs incurred as well as disqualify me from participation. I’m medically fit to run and fully understand that I now enter at my own risk and indemnify race sponsors and organizers against any claim which may arise from my participation.
For your convenience you can enter online via Webtickets from September 2023.
Manual entries can be done in person at any Pick n Pay store.
An 8% admin fee of R17.50 will be included on the entry fee per Athlete which is payable on the website: www.webtickets.co.za using the provincial drop down menu.
Registration is on Friday, 26th April 2024.
Early Bird Entries
Early Bird entries close on 16 April 2024.
Early Bird entries receive a free t-shirt at registration. Unfortunately, late entries will not receive a free t-shirt.
Medals will be awarded to all entries.
Shuttle buses will be available at a cost of R80.00 per person to transport athletes to the starting areas.
Pickup point will be at Kings Park Swimming Pools from 3:30am – 4:30am.
Athletes with vehicles must please make use of the parking at Suncoast, which is adjacent to the Kings Park Sporting Precinct.
10 000 permitted participants will be allowed to enter the race.
Race held in accordance with WA, ASA and KZNA rules.
- All Provinces are required to enter athletes based on the respective individual provincial qualifying times and standards.
- The license number may be covered with the competition issued number.
- Both provincial licenses MUST be worn on the upper part of the vest /crop top (front and back)
- Please bring proof of payment when collecting race number.
- Post hydration provided.
- Tog bag facilities will be provided – use of them is at participant’s own risk (race officials / organisers are not liable for loss of personal belongings)
- All participants must wear ASA-approved licenses and relevant age category tags on the upper part of vest / crop top (front and back) to qualify for prizes.
- All relevant age categories must be clearly visible.
- No refunds
- Only the pacing provided by the event will be permitted
- Club kit to be worn
- Participants must obey Marshalls, traffic officials, and race officials.
- All foreign / international athletes must comply with WA rules 4.2, 22.1, 142 and ASA rule 9
- All International athletes to buy and wear temporary licences at the back of their race shirts and race number on the front, failure to do so will result in automatic disqualification.
- International Athletes not representing a local club must wear neutral colours i.e. (white/black/ grey)
- 10km participants must be from 14 years of age / 42.2km participants must be from 20 years of age and above.
- Please note, Only athletes who are of age 19 years and younger on the the 31st December 2024 are eligible for a junior prize.
- Proof of ID required for prize giving.
- All prize winners must be present at the prize giving ceremony, failure to attend prize giving ceremony will result in forfeiture of prize money.
Durban International Marathon is a Qualifier Race for the 56km Two Oceans Ultra Marathon and the 90km Comrades Marathon.
Two Oceans 56km – Ultra Marathon
All standard IAAF (ASA in South Africa) affiliated marathons, and/or races longer than 42.2 km count as qualifying races, provided that:
- the race course is officially measured, and
- the race is officially timed
Two Oceans Half Marathon
Your qualifying times are used to seed you – this means faster runners in the front and slower runners at the back. If you do not supply a seeding time, you will start at the back. Seeding is based on a previous 10km, 15km or 21.1km
Comrades Marathon 90km
In order to qualify to run the Comrades Marathon, you need to run a standard marathon (42,2km) in a time of less than 4:50.
Your qualifying race must be ASA technically compliant, as well as meet the Comrades Marathon qualifying criteria.
42.2km (Men & Women)
Winner – R75 000
2nd Place – R40 000
3rd Place – R15 000
4th Place – R8 000
5th Place – R5 000
10km (Men & Women)
Winner – R5 000
2nd Place – R2 500
3rd Place – R1 500