10KM & 42.2 KM RACE RULES
ASA Licensed athletes are covered by limited ASA insurance. Refer to KZNA on 0313129374 for further details.
All foreign athletes must comply with the IAAF rule 4, paragraph 2 & rule 142. The relative clearance letters, for potential prize winners, must be submitted with entry or at registration at least 30 minutes before the start of the event.
All marshals, security officers, race officials, SA Police & SANDF members & traffic officials MUST BE OBEYED. Your safety is paramount to us.
All entrants will receive a free commemorative race T-shirt at registration.
Universal Road Races Rules & Instructions. All participants must be 16 years or older on the day of the race for the half marathon & 20 years or older on the day of the race for the marathon. For the 10km the minimum age is 14 years on the day of the race.
Monies are not refundable for non-participation in the event for whatever reason. Entries may not be exchanged but we will allow substitutions (for the marathon only) made via the official channels.
Please take note!
- All marathon entrants must collect their race number & timing chip from the registration venue 4th Sept, Kingspark Athletics Stadium, 12:00 – 16:00.
- Only 500 manual entries will be allowed (combined total for all the races).
- Marathon participants who have not passed the half marathon turn in by 3hours minutes (8.00am) will not be allowed to continue but may complete the half marathon until the 4 hours’ time limit.
- Marathon participants who have not passed……
- 24km mark by 4 hours
- 27 km mark by 4 hours & 30 minutes
- 31km mark by 5 hours
- 34 km mark by 5 hours and 30 minutes
- 36 km mark by 6 hours
…will be called off and must leave the road & will be transported to the finish venue.